Do you know that old song by Chris Isaak called Wicked Game?
I was doing some band practice. Before playing some of the harder songs I have to practice, I decided to sing and record a Stripped-Down Piano Cover of Wicked Game so I can work on making adjustments to it. This song is fun to play with a guitar and keyboard together, but I thought the outcome of just a keyboard using three cords was vulnerable and beautiful in its own way.
The chords for the Stripped-Down Piano Cover of Wicked Game are Bm, A6, and E. It’s a fun easy song to play to warm up the voice and the fingers for playing some more difficult songs. I really enjoyed playing this calm and laid-back version of the song. Check it out:
Easy songs to warm up on keyboards and vocals are:
- Wicked Game – Chris Isaak (More complex then the Stripped-Down Piano Cover of Wicked Game that I did, but still so fun to learn)
- The Scientist – by Coldplay
- Ocean Eyes – Billie Eilish | Slowed Down Version
- Alan Walker – Faded
- Say Something – A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera
- Signs of the Times – Harry Styles
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Dance Monkey – Tones And I
I usually use these songs to warm up my voice and fingers on the piano or keyboard. I love playing music and singing some of the songs we all know and love. It’s great for my personal stress relief. If you love to play music for your mental health, I highly recommend giving these songs a try. They are fun, easy, and will keep you busy and distracted from anxiety and depression. Emotions are helpful in music, use them to create a beautiful song. <3